Chairperson: David Snell – 905-584-5973
- Treated seed will be disqualified.
- Trophy will be given for each section based on a point system. To qualify, participants are required to exhibit the following in their respective Classes 16 & 16A.
- Exhibitors to specify which exhibit will go to the Trophy score.
- One entry per section per exhibitor.
- In the case of a tie, the highest field score will be used to break the tie.
- No prize will be awarded if there is no exhibit shown at the Fair.
Sections: Please exhibit same crop as field judged
- Soft white winter wheat
- Soft red winter wheat
- Hard red winter wheat
- Any other Fall seeded cereal
- Mixed grain
- Spring wheat
- One quart red clover seed
- One quart legume seed (other than RC)
- Sheaf of ensilage corn (ten stalks)
- Ten ears of field corn
- Corn silage, ½ bushel
- Soybeans (ten plants)
- Best batt, first cutting
- Best batt, second cutting
- Haylage, ½ bushel
- Balage, ½ bushel
Prizes for Sections 1 – 14:
|1st||Fertilizer – 25kg of 6-24-24 donated by Alliance Agri-Turf Ltd.|
Prizes for Sections 15 – 18:
Sections 15 & 16 Sponsored by Evergreen Seed Company
The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture & Food helps sponsor the prize money for Field Crops.
Sheaf of Grain – Display a standing sheaf of grain (wheat, oats, barley).
Prizes – 1st $25; 2nd $15; 3rd $10 Donated by David Snell
Corn Trophy — Field score and a sheaf (ten stalks) or cobs (ten ears) at Fair. Donated by Humberview Services (Pioneer Seeds)
Hay Trophy – First cut or haylage and second cut at Fair. Donated by Nobleton Farm Service
Fall Seeded Wheat Trophy – Field score and seed sample at Fair. Donated by Early’s Farm Supply
Spring Grain Trophy – Field score and seed sample at Fair. Donated by Davis Feed & Farm Supply
Soy Beans Trophy – Field score and 10 plants at Fair. Donated by Fines Ford Lincoln Sales Ltd.
Overall total points Exhibitor in the above class will receive the Al Moore Memorial Trophy