Class 20 Download & Print Class 20 Food Division
Committee: Jeanette Mason 905-857-1125, Cathy Holman, Beryle Kolb, Helen Rutherford, & Edna Wright
- No mixes to be used in the making in all entrys, unless otherwise stated.
- All Baked Goods to be exhibited in clear plastic bags with entry tags inside bag.
- Tarts, Muffins, Scones & Cookies to be shown on paper plates in clear plastic bags.
- Muffins are NOT to be in paper cups.
- Pies to be baked on approximately 6” or 8” foil plates. (To season foil pan; rub both sides of plate with cooking oil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.) Pies are to be shown in clear plastics bags.
- Cakes are to be on covered cardboard 1” larger than the base of the cake. Cover with clear plastic bag.
- Loaves are to be exhibited in clear plastic bags.
a) Jams and Jelly Classes must be in 250 ml, mason type jars.
b) Pickles, relishes, sauce and canned fruit must be in 500 ml mason type jars.
c) Dills and Beets to be in 500 ml or 1 L preserving jar.
d) All jars are to be sealed — will be disqualified if not sealed. Seal will be broken during the judging process.
e) No wax to be used.
f) All canned goods must have attached to the jar (not lid), name of item, date of processing (must be within the current year). Use elastic to attach exhibitor tag to the jar.
PRIZES AWARDED (specials not included):
First (5 Points), Second (4 Points), Third (3 Points)
|Sections 1 – 6||$5.00||$4.00||$3.00|
BREAD & BUNS – YEAST:
- White Bread –1 homemade loaf
- 60% Whole Wheat Bread – 1 homemade loaf – the first prize winner will be asked to compete in the District #5 Fairs Competition (attach recipe). Minimum size: 8” x 4” x 2-1/2” (20 cm x 10 cm x 7cm) and Maximum size: 9” x 5” x 3” (23 cm x 13 cm x 7.5 cm)
- Cloverleaf Rolls, (4)
- Cinnamon Rolls (4)
- From the Bread Maker, a white loaf
- From the Bread Maker, a loaf bread, your choice, named
MUFFINS, TEA BISCUITS, COOKIES & TARTS:
- Bran Muffins (4)
- Orange Cranberry Muffins (4)
- Carrot Muffins (4)
- Herb Tea Biscuits, use spelt flour (4)
- Scones (4)
- Sugar Cookie, one theme decorated cookie, not to exceed 5″. Judged by decoration only. Fair theme in “Sew it, Grow it, Show it”
- Oatmeal Cookies (4)
- Ginger Snaps (4)
- Oatmeal Date Squares (4)
- Brownies, Iced (4)
PIES & CANDY:
- Apple Pie – double crust
- Peach Pie – double crust
- Cherry Pie – double crust
- Microwave Chocolate Fudge (5 pieces)
- Maple Fudge (5 pieces)
- Butter Tarts (4 pieces)
- Lemon Tarts (4 pieces)
CAKES & LOAVES:
Cakes pan 8″ or 9″ Small Loaf pan, approx. 5.72″x3.12″x2.08″ (14.52 cm, 7.92 cm, 5.25 cm)
- Carrot Cake, Iced
- Lemon Loaf
- Zucchini Loaf
- Banana Loaf
- Pumpkin Loaf
- Dark Fruit Cake. 4 slices attractively displayed on salad sized plate
- Light Fruit Cake. 4 slices attractively displayed on salad sized plate
James and Jellies — 1 cup (250 mL), two piece metal sealing lid
Pickles & Relishes — 2 cup (500 mL), two piece metal sealing lid
Canned Fruit, Dills & Beets — 500 mL or 1 L jar
- Strawberry Diabetic Spread
- Cooked Strawberry Jam
- Cooked Raspberry Jam
- Freezer Strawberry Jam
- Freezer Peach Jam
- Crab Apple Jelly
- Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam
- Jelly, any other variety, named
- Jam, any other variety, named
- Canned Peaches
- Canned Fruit Cocktail
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- Pickled Hot Peppers
- Pickled Beets
- Pickled Dills
- Pickled Corn
- Pickled Asparagus
- Chili Sauce
- Salsa, Medium heat
- Salsa, Hot heat
- Corn Relish
- Fruit Chutney, named
- New or unusual relish, include recipe, named
- Relish not listed above, named
- Pickles not listed above, named