Class 22 Small Needlework – Junior Sewing, Knitting, & Crocheting Section
Download & Print Class 22 JUNIOR SEWING
Committee: Lois Downey (905 857 1088), Jeanette Burnside, Pat Burton, Barb Downey, Erica Fosbury, Marion Kolb, Marie VanderDoelen, Lorna Wilson, Diane Sawyer
NO ENTRY FEE
Please enter in the class that corresponds to the grade you will be in September 2015.
On your entry tag please list one of the classes below:
Class A – Grade 1&2
Class B – Grade 3&4
Class C – Grade 5&6
Class D – Grade 7&8
Class E – Grade 9 to 12
- Sewing must have a sample of fabric (2.5cm X2.5cm) and knitting/crocheting a sample of yarn (10cm) attached to the entry tag.
- Please attach the entry tag to your article with a safety pin.
- ALL SOILED ARTICLES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
PLEASE REGISTER WITH THE JUNIOR DIVISION
PRIZES AND POINTS AWARDED SECTIONS: 72-105
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points|
All other entries not placing- ½ point
- Tote bag
- Blouse or Top
- Blouse or Top must have button holes & buttons
- Skirt (elastic waistband)
- Pants (elastic waistband)
- Pant or skirt with zipper
- Table Runner
- Place Mats – 2
- Christmas Article
- Article – made from polar fleece
- Article – made on the serger
- Doll outfit (at least 2 pieces)
- Make a stuffed toy (maximum 40 cm high)
- Quilt (3 layers) quilted or tied (approx. 90 cm x 90 cm). – Please mark Entry tag “JUNIOR SEWING”.
KNITTING / CROCHETING
- Small Blanket / Afghan
- Dish Cloths, 2 identical
- Any other item (otherwise not mentioned)
FAIR THEME: Articles to be made from natural fabric e.g. wool, silk, cotton or hemp
- Article demonstrating “SEW IT”
- Article demonstrating “GROW IT”
- Article demonstrating “SHOW IT”
- Highest Points in section 76-105: TBA donated by H.A. KIDD
- Highest points in Sections 97 – 102: Crochet hooks donated by ORANGEVILLE FABRICLAND
- Highest points in Sections 103 – 105: 36 Skeins of “Raw Wool Cotton” embroidery floss donated by COATS & CLARK
- Highest points in Sections 76 – 102: Gift certificate to Real Girl Studio and $20.00 donated by REAL GIRL STUDIO.
- Second highest points in Sections 76 – 102: Gift certificate to Real Girl Studio and $15.00 donated by REAL GIRL STUDIO.
- Third highest points in Sections 76 – 102: Gift certificate to Real Girl Studio and $10.00 donated by REAL GIRL STUDIO.